Skills Assessment & Gap Training - CSQ Funding with Construction Training Institute
THIS PROGRAM IS A CONSTRUCTION SKILLS QUEENSLAND (CSQ) INITIATIVE.
The Skills Assessment & Gap Training program provides a pathway for eligible individuals to have their existing skills recognised and to receive the gap training for up to 8 units, to achieve nationally recognised qualifications within the building and construction industry. CSQ are providing funding to contribute towards the costs of the Skills Assessment & Gap Training, bringing the cost down to only $500 for eligible individuals, instead of the usual $2800. This payment is due at enrolment.
To be eligible for funding under this program, you must meet the following criteria.
(a) Employment status
You must be:
- Existing Worker* in the Building and Construction; or
- Career Seeker** who hold previous experience in the building and construction industry
You must be:
- An Australian or New Zealand citizen; or
- A permanent resident of Australia; or
- A holder of a refugee or humanitarian visa
- Permanently reside in Queensland; or
- Be permanently employed in Queensland; and
(d) You must not be:
- an employee of any Authority***; or
- an apprentice or trainee; or
- currently enrolled and participating in a school program; or
- a contracted trainer and assessor or an existing worker of any RTO; or
- already funded by an Authority or other such source for delivery of the same training being undertaken as part of this program; or
- previously been funded under this program in since October 2014.
To be eligible for funding under this program, you will need to agree to these requirements prior to starting your skills assessment. Evidence will be collected by your trainer to verify your eleligibility
*An Existing Worker is a current employee in the building and construction industry who has a one month or more employment relationship with their employer. The working relationship can be built up through full-time, part-time or casual employment or engagement as a contract worker.
**A Career Seeker is an individual with significant previous experience, skills and knowledge within the Building and Construction Industry, but is not an Existing Worker.
***An Authority is any federal, state, local government, state or public authority, authorised to carry out a statutory obligation.